Happy Today! Whatever day you are reading this on, be happy to be in it!
A lot of the times, we tend to put a lot of our energy into the wrong places. We are either living too much in the future, or dwelling too much on the past. You can not change your past, and you do not know for sure what is yet to come in your future.
So focus on what you can begin to change today. What is going to actually add to your happiness? Don't stress what you can't control. You can't control all that goes on in the world, but you can control you. You can't change other people, but you have the power to change your own attitude. Not fully confident in your craft? Practice and do it until you are. Unhappy about your weight? Start your first morning jog today. Constantly feeling bent out of shape? Change how you emotionally react to situations and people. Don't like your job? Start the search for a new one!
Release grudges you are holding onto about people who hurt or disappointed you in your past. You can't change what happened, but you can change how you view it. YOU CAN control who and what you let into your mind today. So again, happy today! What will you focus on changing in your life?
I use to roll my eyes when my aunt and uncle would tell me about how much fun they had in college and how I needed to cherish it because the time would fly by. "Here they go reminicing again," I use to think. I felt like four years was plenty of time to be in school and that I would be ready to graduate and start my independent adult life making good money and doing what I want, when I want. Now three years later after graduation, I'm the one reminicing.
Nobody told me the path to success would be this difficult and take so long! I mean, I know its no easy task, but sheeesh. I've had to learn some very tough lessons not only in the professional world; but with friendships, relationships, and finances as well. The most important lesson from every barrier that I've encountered has been one about myself. I have learned so much about ME.
Through my different job experiences I've learned what I do and don't like to do. Through new friendships I've learned what characteristics I value in people and how I enjoy exposing myself to new and versatile environments. Through my relationship experiences I've learned self love, how to be more selfless, and what I need in a complimentary partner. My financial experiences have proved to me my level of ambition, and that it really is possible to do anything that you put your mind up to do.
As I continue to journey through life everyday, I am constantly running into people who are also trying to find their purpose and where they will happily fit into this world. Maybe our purpose is just to discover our true selves and potential. So I'll keep climbing.
Life isn't always full of rainbows and sunshine. Sometimes the storms that come can seem to stay for a while. But I always have to tell myself- "stay strong beautiful because things will get better, it may be stormy now but it can't rain forever!" Here are some quotes to ponder to get you through your own stormy days:
1. "I Am Not What Happened To Me. I Am What I Choose To Become."
2. "Forget Your Past, Forgive Yourself, And Begin Again Right Now."
3. "Growth Is Painful. Change Is Painful. But Nothing Is As Painful As Staying Stuck Somewhere You Don’t Belong."
4. "Being Deeply Loved Gives You Strength; Loving Deeply Gives You Courage." -Lao Tzu
5. "You Attract What You Are, Not What You Want. If You Want Great, Then Be Great."
6. "Sometimes The Bad Things That Happen In Our Lives Put Us Directly On The Path To The Best Things That Will Ever Happen To Us."
7. "Sometimes You Have To Get Knocked Down Lower Than You Have Ever Been To Stand Back Up Taller Than You Ever Were."
8. "Be Strong Enough To Let Go, And Patient Enough To Wait For What You Deserve."
9. "Never Put The Key To Your Happiness In Someone Else's Pockets."
10. "It's Never Too Late To Be Whoever You Want To Be."